CONDITIONS OF SALE
1. Any variation in these conditions in a document of the customer is inapplicable unless accepted in writing by the Company.
2. A customer who makes an order, whether verbal or written, with C. W. Jones Carpet & Flooring Limited, hereafter referred to as the Company, shall enter into a binding contract with the Company and shall be deemed to have accepted these conditions of sale.
3. An order can be cancelled by the customer who made it only with the agreement of the Company, and the Company reserves the right to charge a cancellation charge.
4. The prices quoted by the Company for goods ordered refer only to that particular order and do not apply if part of the order is taken, except with the agreement of the Company.
5. An order in writing must be received from a customer who does not have a trading account with the Company before work can be started or materials ordered.
6. Once goods have been despatched to a customers order, the Company will not be obliged to take them back.
7. The Company may take a deposit of the contract price from any customer before starting work.
8. Materials and labour as supplied in accordance with the specification submitted to the customer and any additions and alternations shall be subject to be charged additionally on a time and material basis.
9. The Company limits its liability in relation to materials supplied to that implied by law.
10. The customer shall be deemed to have knowledge of the terms of the manufacturer’s guarantees and limitations upon liability contained therein. Details of which will be supplied by the Company upon request.
11. A customer who has entered into a contract with the Company, shall be responsible for the moving of furniture and fittings, and the Company reserves the right to charge on a day work basis for the moving of any furniture and the Company does not accept responsibility for any damage to the furniture, fittings or decorations caused by its employees, servants or agents while carrying out the removals.
12. The Company accepts no liability for loss or damage caused to or by pipes, wiring, conduits, drains or other such installations both by the Company, its employees, servants and agents to the location and course of any such installations.
13. A customer shall not be entitled to withhold the whole or part of payment due in consequence of any alleged defect or other claim unless notice of the alleged defect or other claim is given to the Company and the Company agrees to the retention.
14. The Company accepts no liability for loss to the customer arising from delay in performance or non-performance of the contract to the extent that the delay or non-performance results from any cause beyond the reasonable control of the Company.
15. All goods supplied remain the property of the C.W.Jones Carpet & Flooring Limited until they have been paid for in full.
16. Please inspect the floorcovering/fitting carefully and any fault must be reported to the office with 24 hours.